< Back to Online Help Desk
How do I set up wireless access on my laptop?
Click the title link to open the user guide for instructions to configure the wireless settings on your laptop.
For assistance, visit or contact the ITS Help Desk at 334-244-3500.
Note: you need to have an active campus email account (firstname.lastname@example.org) to use the wireless network. If you need to verify that your email account is active, contact the Help Desk at 334-244-3500.
What wireless devices are supported at AUM?
Wireless access is not just for laptops. Some wireless tech devices, such as smartphones, iPad, and various tablets are supported by AUM Wi-Fi. Bring your wireless device to the Help Desk to find out if it is supported and get help with the Wi-Fi set up.
Can I send my aum.edu email to my smartphone or tablet?
Get your AUM email on your iPhone, Android smartphone, tablet, iPad, or other wireless device. If your phone supports exchange or an active sync client, you can set up your email@example.com
email account on your phone.
Where can I access the wireless network?
- Clement Hall / Gymnasium
- Goodwyn Hall
- Taylor Center
- Library Tower
- Moore Hall
- Liberal Arts / Education / Tech Wing
How do I login to the computers in the labs?
Enter your same username and password that you use to login in to the My AUM portal and your AUM email account.
Are there scanners and copiers on campus?
- A copier is available in the library. There is a nominal fee for use of the copier.
- Scanners are available for limited capacity in the Taylor Center Computer Lab (Please ask for help from one of our helpdesk assistance for scanning and copying needs).
When are the AUM Computer Labs open?
Taylor Center, 1st Floor
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30 am - 10:30 pm
- Friday: 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Saturday: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Sunday: 1:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Hours subject to change during holidays and between semesters.
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Friday - Sunday: Closed
- Holidays & Summer Semester: Closed
Note: A Lab Assistant can provide assistance with printing and applications.
Library, 2nd Floor
When the computer lab is not booked for UNIV Classes or University Training,
students can use the library lab.
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30 am - 8:45 pm
- Friday: 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Saturday: 12:00 pm - 5:45 pm
- Sunday: 1:00 pm - 8:45 pm
Does the computer lab have accommodations for students with physical disabilities?
Two workstations within the Taylor Center Computer Lab have been designated to assist those with physical disabilities and have special enhanced features. These include larger 20" monitors, Zoom Text software and a projection machine for viewing written materials via the computer screen.
How do I add money to my printing account?
- Contact the Help Desk at 334-244-3500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to have additional funds put on your printing account.
- Or, stop by the Help Desk located on the first floor of Taylor Center and request additional funds be made on your account. You will be required to complete paperwork to have funds added to your account.
- Only currently enrolled students will have a printing account.
Are there printers in the labs?
All AUM Computer Labs have printers for you to use:
- 145 Taylor Center - 2 color
- 208 Education - 1 B/W
Note: A Lab Assistant is on duty at all times and can provide assistance with printing and applications.
What do I need to know about using the printers in the computer labs?
- Labs require login with a student's email account user name and password.
- You must be a current registered student.
- Students are allotted up to 500 pages per semester.
- Unused pages don't roll over to the next semester.
- Neither paper nor money is refunded for unused paper at the end of the semester.